|Focus & Scope|
|Abstracting & Indexing|
|Open Access Policy|
The editor of JOETAL welcomes article submissions in accordance with the following guidelines:
1. Articles have not been published or accepted for publication, or are being considered for publication elsewhere. In addition to the manuscript, a written statement should be attached which clarifies that the article is original and does not contain any elements of plagiarism.
2. Types of articles suitable for publication include the following: research reports (laboratory, field, archives), conceptual ideas, studies, theory applications.
3. Articles are written in English using academic language along with standard academic writing structure and composition. Manuscripts are typed 1,5 spaced in a quarto paper size (A4), between 6000-8000 words in length including references, pictures, and tables. Papers that greatly exceed this will be critically reviewed with respect to length.
4. Articles should be in form of essay which includes:
- Do not write author’s name in any part of the article (JOETAL has already applied double-blind review in the review process), Title (max. 15 words),
- Abstract (150-200 words for each) which includes research problems, methods, and results,
- Keywords (5-7 words),
- Introduction (without subsection, 2-3 pages) which includes background, objectives, methods, and literature reviews/theoretical construct (if needed) of the research. The introduction section ends with an emphasis on items to be discussed,
- Discussion (consists of results of the study, written in the form of subchapter(s)),
- Conclusion (is a brief summary of findings and discussion. It is strongly recommended to avoid mere repetitive statements from the previous sections) and
5. Diacritics and Spelling of Proper Names
In order to be reproduced accurately in printed version, articles must be aware of any special (e.g., phonetic) symbols. They must be explained in detail with a typeset sample as well. To deal with this issue, JOETAL recommends authors to use Times New Roman font, but if this font does not support some symbols, authors are allowed to use other alternatives with notification to the JOETAL board.
Authors must be aware of the spelling of proper names, especially in terms of Indonesian personal names, newspapers, offices, and organizations. They have to be written as their original spelling although they might be now outdated, for example: Sukarno, Soeharto, Poerbatjaraka, Ki Hadjar Dewantara, Zoetmulder, and Margono Djojohadikusumo. Meanwhile, any geographical names should be written in their modern spellings.
6. Dates and Numbers
Dates in the text: 17 August 1945; dates in footnotes and the bibliography: 17-8-1945. Numbers from one to ten should be spelled out; higher numbers, percentages and measurements should be given as numerals (3 km, 6%).
7. Figures, Tables and Maps
If your manuscript contains figures or tables, upload them as separate documents, number the figures and tables consecutively, and refer to them in the text (Figure 1, Figure 2, Table 1, Table 2, etc.). Do not include the figures and tables themselves in the manuscript. Indicate in the manuscript where about you would like to see the figure or table included if the manuscript is accepted for publication.
Maps can be called a figure (and numbered as such).
For all images (line drawings, photographs, maps), please use high resolution source files: min. 150 dpi for photographs, min 300 dpi for linework images. This is the minimum resolution required at the dimensions of which the images should eventually be reproduced. Please bear in mind that the images themselves should also be of high quality (e.g. the images should be clear and sharp and any text in the images should be sharp and legible). Give the caption and the source of the figure in the main text (exactly at the point where you indicate: ‘Figure x about here’).
8. Reference list format is based on APA (American Psychological Association) style 6th edition. The reference list should appear at the end of the article and includes only literature actually cited in the manuscripts. References are ordered alphabetically and chronologically. We strongly recommend authors to use reference tools, such as Mendeley, Zotero, Endnote, etc. Herewith are some of the APA-based references format structure:
- Printed book: Author, A. A. (Year of Publication). Title of work. Publisher City, State: Publisher.
- Online book: Author, A. A. (Year of Publication). Title of work [E-Reader Version]. Retrieved from http://xxxx or doi:xxxx
- Journal article in print: Author, A. A. (Publication Year). Article title. Periodical Title, Volume(Issue), pp.-pp.
- Journal article online: Author, A. A. (Publication Year). Article title. Periodical Title, Volume(Issue), pp.-pp. doi: xx.xxxx or Retrieved from journal URL
- Website article: Author, A. A. (Year, Month Date of Publication). Article title. Retrieved from URL; Article title. (Year, Month Date of Publication). Retrieved from URL
- Newspaper in print: Author, A. A. (Year, Month Date of Publication). Article title. Newspaper Title, pp. xx-xx.
- Newspaper online: Author, A. A. (Year, Month Date of Publication). Article title. Newspaper Title, Retrieved from newspaper homepage URL
- Magazine article in print: Author, A. A. (Year, Month Date of Publication). Article title. Magazine Title, Volume(Issue), pp.-pp.
- Encyclopedia: Author, A. A. (Year, Month Date of Publication). Entry title. In Encyclopedia Title, (Vol. xx, pp. xx). City, State of publication: Publisher.
9. The editor appreciates if authors excerpt information from previously published articles in JOETAL.
10. Articles should be submitted in soft files using document format (.doc or .docx) to the Online Submission page.
The names, email addresses, and affiliations entered into the JOETAL website are used exclusively for the purposes of providing readers professional access to the authors whose articles are published by the journal. No other information is collected, and none of the aforementioned information is shared with a third party.
© 2020 MT Publishing, Yogyakarta. All rights reserved.
Journal of English Language Teaching, Applied Linguistics and Literature
Jl. Karang Ploso No. 8C Rt/Rw 01/11, Kel. Condong Catur,Kec. Depok, Kab. Sleman,
Ciptaan disebarluaskan di bawah Lisensi Creative Commons Atribusi 4.0 Internasional.